Profile of Coimbatore Marine
CMC started in the year 2001 with upgradation course for Marine Engineer with DGS approval, since then a phenomenal progress has been made by introducing various DGS approved marine course with state of the art infrastructure.
In the year 2001, one year Pre-sea training course (GME) introduced for graduate Mechanical engineers.
In the year 2004, four year BE Marine Engineering Degree Course was introduced for 10+2 candidates and College started functioning at its own campus.
In the year 2005, three year B.Sc Nautical Science course was introduced for 10+2 candidates.
Training Infrastructure and Faculty Training offered at Coimbatore Marine College is of high quality and strictly online with the guidelines of DG Shipping and IMO. Theoretical and Practical aspects are covered by highly proficient Chief Engineers, Captains and other experienced faculties.
College Campus & Infrastructure Facilities
- Situated in a sprawling area of more than 9 acres of land on National Highway on Pollachi Main Road, at Myleripalayam about 12 kms away from Railway Station and 20kms away from the Airport.
- College is located in calm, quiet, pollution free, cool environment with adequate basic amenities.
- Separate building for Administration, Class Rooms and Hostel in an area of 40,000 sq.ft. to cater complete residential programme for the students.
- The classrooms are equipped with Modern Teaching aid including LCD Projector, OHP for better understanding.
- The state of the art, laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Thermal, Fluid Mechanics, Strength of material in an area of more than 4,000 sq.ft.
- Basic engineering skill and workshop practice on Bench Fitting Shop, Lathe Section, Special Machine & Welding Workshop with an area of more than 5000 sq.ft
- Marine lab with plenty of used Marine Equipments & AUX machineries for practical training.
- Well setup Computer Lab with modern software and Internet connection.
- A well stocked library with very rich and rare collection of marine and Engineering books, publications, video cassettes, CD’s & latest software on Marine Engineering and ship operation in an area of more than 5,000 sq. ft.
- “A Home away from Home” for students. A separate hostel is provided with spacious accommodation, safe drinking water and both veg & non-veg meals prepared in hygienic kitchen.
- Medical help on call, hair saloon and round the clock STD/ISD booth.
- Separate building for Administration, Class Rooms and Hostel with floor area of 40,000 sq.ft. to cater complete residential programme for 300 students.
- Various Indoor game facilities.
- A playground with vast areais available for students to play various games such as cricket, volley ball, foot ball, basket ball. The training is provided by qualified sports instructor.
PHYSICAL TRAINING SWIMMING & BOATING PRACTICE
- Compulsory morning PT, Parade Training by Naval Instructor, regular Swimming Practice & Boating Practice by experts.
- Regular English proficiency, communication skill, personality development, yoga programmes are arranged in the beginning of the course curriculum.
- Active participation of students in various exhibitions, seminars conducted by various educational institutes and our students bagged many prizes.
COIMBATORE MARINE COLLEGE
#296, Pollachi Main Road,
Myleripalayam, Coimbatore – 641 032.